NOTICE UNDER THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “PDPA”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to [Mayflower Holidays Sdn Bhd] (hereinafter referred to as “[Mayflower]”, “our”, “us” or “we”). This written notice is issued pursuant to the requirements of the PDPA. For the purposes of this written notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the same meaning as prescribed in the PDPA.
- This written notice serves to inform you how your personal data will be processed and managed by [Mayflower].
- The personal data that may be processed by us may include, but not limited to, your name, national registration identity card number, contact number, address, marital status, email address and bank account details.
- Your personal data is and/or will be collected from the following sources, which shall include but not limited to:
- any agreements that you may have signed and executed with us;
- any application and/or registration forms submitted by you to us;
- any forms submitted by you to us during any contest and/or any promotional or marketing events of our products and/or services;
- your use of and/or registration with our official website;
- any emails or correspondences sent by you to us which includes your personal data;
- any other documents that are submitted to us for any of the Purposes; and
- third parties such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies, fraud prevention agencies and other government entities.
- We are processing your personal data for the following purposes (“Purposes”), which shall include but not limited to:
- verification of your identity;
- communicating with you and responding to your enquiries;
- processing your application for our products and/or services, including but not limited to car rental, ticket reservation, hotel reservation and tour reservation;
- assisting you in relation to any insurance application;
- for our day-to-day operations and administrative purposes, including but not limited to file management, billing and collection, audits and reporting;
- facilitating or enabling any checks that may be conducted on you by us or by any other lawful third party from time to time;
- assisting any government agencies or bureaus or bodies, including for the purposes of police and/ or regulatory investigations;
- for our compliance with the applicable laws;
- facilitating your compliance with any laws or regulations that may be applicable to you;
- providing you with information relating to the products and/or services offered by us and/or our parent company, subsidiaries, related or associated companies and/or members of Tan Chong Motor Holdings Berhad, Warisan TC Holdings Berhad, APM Automotive Holdings Berhad and their subsidiaries, business partners, service providers, including promotional and direct marketing materials. If you do not wish to receive any promotional or direct marketing materials, please notify us via our contact details as stated in Clause 5;
- to establish and better manage any business relationship we may have with you;
- conducting our internal activities, internal market surveys and trend analysis; and/or
- such other purposes as may be related to the foregoing.
Please note that if you fail to provide to us with your personal data, or do not consent to our processing of your personal data, we will not be able to process your personal data for any of the above Purposes, and we will also not be able to provide you with our products and/or services.
- You may request for access to and/or correction of your personal data and to contact us with any enquiries or complaints in respect of the use of your personal data as follows:
In accordance with the PDPA:
(a) We may charge a prescribed fee for processing your request to access and/ or correct your personal data; and
(b) We may refuse to comply with your request to access to and/ or correct your personal data and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and the reason(s) for our refusal.
- Your personal data may be disclosed to the following third parties, which shall include but not limited to:
- banks, credit check companies;
- governmental departments and/or agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies;
- our parent company, subsidiaries, related or associated companies and/or members of Tan Chong Motor Holdings Berhad, Warisan TC Holdings Berhad, APM Automotive Holdings Berhad and their subsidiaries, business partners, service providers;
- our third party providers, including but not limited to information technology service providers, data entry service providers, insurance providers, professional advisors and auditors; and
- any such third party as may be requested or authorised by you
for any of the above Purposes, or any other purpose for which your personal data was to be disclosed at the time of its collection, or any other purpose directly related to any of the above Purposes.
- Your personal data may be transferred to a place outside Malaysia.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such personal data is kept up to date.
- We may request your assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose personal data is provided by you to us and you agree to use your best endeavours to do so.
- In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the Malay version of this written notice, the English version shall prevail.